9/2/13

GRAY AREA

A LIGHTER SHADE OF PALE
Sage Atelier
a lighter shade for a wall color will make a room feel more spacious
a darker shade - more cozy or dramatic

cool tones recede, it is true
but darker colors - even in cool tones - will be more enveloping
homesdir
 to keep a room feeling more spacious, add a healthy dose of white -
add white in any of these ways:
white trim
white accents
white fabrics
white bedding
white furniture
or a combination of them.


Hello!
I recently found your website and been reading it all day!  My boss is going to kill me!  Anyways, my wife and I recently purchased our 1st condo!  We are really excited but overwhelmed by all the decisions.  The fist major decision was floor, granite, tile, etc.  I attached a few pictures of the actual unit (note our floor is different then the picture attached).  In the last photo you can see the carpet we picked (stairs from 1st floor, stairs going to 3rd, floor, and all 3rd floor.  The tile will go in the bathrooms, and hardwood on 1st floor, and 2nd which is the kitchen living room.  You will also see the backsplash we chose, along with granite. 



I wanted your advice on what gray to use for the main floor?  We do have light coming in but its still a small space.  I like to feel open and clean.  So I am a big fan of gray colors.  I do not like the grays that appear as blue, or green.  We also plan on putting up a solid white crown moldings along the main floor. 

I was thinking a nice cream color carpet in the living room will look good.
Please help!  Thank You  


First of all, congratulations on your new home!  
You have made lovely choices for the finishes of your home. I would definitely stay in the lighter gray tones to make your home feel as large as possible.  
Houzz
Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter has captured millions of hearts and is one of their most loved colors. 
Revere Pewter (Benjamin Moore)
It is a warm gray with a beige undertone and should go beautifully with your choices.  I would try it and the slightly lighter Sea Salt by Benjamin Moore.  
Sea Salt (Benjamin Moore)
A few more grays to try that don't turn green or blue and are on the lighter side:

Ashwood (Benjamin Moore)

Classic Gray (Benjamin Moore)

Edgecomb Gray (Benjamin Moore)

Whisper Gray (Dunn Edward/California Paints)
My favorite white with gray tones is Benjamin Moore White Dove.  It is a warm white - not a yellow or stark white. 

We would love to hear back from you and see your choices when they are installed.

Best wishes,
Claudine






No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...