4/6/16

DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS....

Did someone say 'road trip?'...

It was a busy week in Texas!  A working week, but we managed to inject a good bit of fun in it.

We started in the Dallas area...
[That's the infamous Book Depository bldg (red brick) on the left...in Dallas]


The Hubs came with this time.  I've been telling him how much I enjoy Texas, especially Texas people, and it was high time he experience it for himself.  We had a blast.  Thank you,  Boyd Family, for your amazing hospitality and goodness.

I met with 8 clients and ran all over the great state of Texas.  The Hubs enjoyed the food, the antiques and checked out real estate opportunities.

Another few days and he may have put down roots!


My ulterior motive for going to Texas was antiques week.  Besides meeting with clients, old and new, we traveled to Round Top - a charming tiny little town near Austin, with a population of about 90 souls - except for twice a year when thousands of vendors and buyers descend on the area.  It was my first time attending, but definitely not my last.  We did a little shopping - smalls we could take back easily in a suitcase - and some larger pieces for Texas clients.  Next time, I will bring more $$ and ship my purchases home.!  I will also book rooms in advance.  The nearest hotel we could find with rooms was an hour away - somewhere called Bastrop?....

Anyway....here are my impressions of Round Top through the eye of my camera - actually iphone - as I haven't downloaded the camera photos yet - (next post!).  Here's what I loved about this area...
Round Top, Texas - Population 90



The Texas Blue Bonnets were just coming on


as well as the Indian Paintbrush


I think I could live here....





There were a few established Antiques businesses

and hundreds of big white tents...


and so many things I could have brought home if I weren't limited by the space in my suitcase...














still drooling over this one...




We had to pop in to the Junk Gypsies (HGTV) store and have a look at their kitschy style.

That's the traffic going into Round Top!



My favorite thing was this t-shirt - 'DO NO HARM, BUT TAKE NO BULL' - loved it!


When we were finished with our Round Top experience, we discovered we were just 90 minutes from Waco....


And yes, we visited the Silos....




The Silos are the new home base for Joanna and Chip of Fixer Upper fame.  I do believe they have put Waco back on the map - so to speak.   Although there is the Dr. Pepper museum....

We went on a Wednesday morning, thinking it wouldn't be as crowded as would a weekend.  We were probably right, and the weekends must be a madhouse.  The line to get in was all the way down the block a full 20 minutes before they opened.  Can you imagine what happens on a weekend? It was a nice little gift shop, with Joanna's signature farmhouse style.




I purchased a few things for the people back home that were taking care of Bailey the Bear and driving us to and from the airport.

They need my botanical prints though.  They would be amazing there.  I actually emailed them to say as much, but they declined, kindly, saying they only use dealers they have used for years. Too bad. My botanicals would rock their walls!

just saying...

We made a quick stop at Harp Design - the guy that makes all the tables for Joanna - and his little shop is right next to his house, which I think was one of the renovations featured on Fixer Upper...
We took a quick look round Waco and then


said goodbye to the silos and
started back to the Dallas area
more next post!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...