2/6/20

ADVENTURES IN THE BEEHIVE STATE



SEVERAL OUT OF STATE TRIPS
Work this year included several trips to the Beehive State.  I have family in Utah, and friends,
and have a hard time resisting springtime in the Rockies -
plus we made it a girls trip!
Fun!

I found a new favorite shop
Brambles & Blossoms, Provo





hELLo Salt Lake City
I don't usually stay in the city when I come to Utah.
I lived here during grade school and Jr. High but our epicenter was farther south.
I worked in the city in my early 20's before moving to California, but its a different feeling altogether to actually live IN the city.  I was here to help a friend who owns an AirBnB in the Avenues.  
So we stayed in the Avenues, a stones throw from Downtown SLC.  It was a very fun and difference experience.  The Avenue's are very quiet and the city was bustling and busy.

My friend Betty took us to a secret little canyon - City Creek Canyon-
(the same creek that runs through SLC)
despite having been born here, I had never been to this little canyon.

crazy friends


State Capitol Building at night was so pretty

Salt Lake City library - (it was my first time to visit this)

Utah Arts Festival was in full swing - so of course, we went!
These giant puppets were fun!





We stopped at Trolley Square for dinner.  Such a cool old trolley depot turned shopping mall - wish they still had all those unique stores I remember from college days...


We stopped to see our besties along the way.  Dannee and family moved from Orange County to Utah and built a beautiful house of their own design.
Dannee did a great job building and decorating her darling home!

(my prints again on her gorgeous brick wall)

We stayed at this adorable Queen Anne (AirBnB) in Salt Lake City -
where I am redesigning the kitchen.

Quiet street, amazing backyard, and the best tree ever over the upper deck...check it out here.  I would definitely stay here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...