12/5/13

COLORS OF CHRISTMAS: SILVER BELLS


via




AN AWARD!
THANK YOU.  I'm touched!

When it comes to the metal that captures my heart - I confess, I'm a silver girl.
Its the precious metal I choose to wear, and the metal I choose to use as accent in a lot of my rooms…
especially at Christmas
via
in fact, lets just throw the word 'accent' out the window
because at Christmas, we go bigger

Silver needs to make a statement.


The first Christmas tree I remember from Childhood had big chunky lights, blue glass ornaments, and hundreds of long tinsel icicles, like a curtain - placed carefully by my older sisters.  It was fabulous, but I'm so happy not to have to hang all of those icicles individually!
via
(no doubt where my love of silver came from….)


via
Silver's reflective properties make it a perfect choice for ornaments
via
It has a warmth to it that partners beautifully with greenery




but it doesn't need a partner to shine
it does just fine on its own
via
It may be a cool toned metal,  but it never looks that way to me.
via
Its mirror finish reflects the warm light and the colors around it.
via
Even tarnished.
Holiday decor shines a little more when you include silver accents

Pinterest
via
and I wasn't kidding about how great it looks with greenery…

via
Mercury glass is a little equal parts silver, rustic, elegant, antique and glass.
If you, like me, find it hard to resist any piece of mercury glass

Pinterest
this is your season!
Pinterest
so….

if you like glitter and shine
jump right in


embrace it
mix it up

pair it with color

via

and with glittered twigs and pinecones
they are the perfect foil to silver's elegance

via
it loves burlap, too

but its better to let you 'see' what I'm talking about…
photos are much more eloquent.


via


via
via
via

via




via
via

via
via
via

via
via
via
flickr
flickr
flickr
flickr
via
via
via


Indulgy
via

via

Martha Stewart
Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest
Pottery Barn


Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn


via
via
via
via
via
via

via
via

via
via


via


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...