9/9/10

FALL DECOR: THE HUMBLE PUMPKIN GOES GLAM

fall
Just when you start to feel a little nip in the air
nature heats up her colors

But the true star of the season is the lowly pumpkin


Pumpkins and Gourds are an inexpensive way to
warm up your seasonal decor

Thought I'd share some of the fabulous things you can do with them for Fall/Halloween
(whether real or faux)
Hope it inspires you!

pumpkins.....pumpkins....pumpkins....pumpkins....pumpkins

PAINTED!
Elegant freehand painted filigrees
Harlequin!

Polka Dots

Flowers
Dots and Stripes
Florals
Bugs and Webs
Funny and Frightful Faces


EMBELLISHED
SEQUINS PLEASE!
Black and Silver sequins

Glitter!
Crows and Paper Tags
Ric rac

Ribbon and banner

LIGHTED
Small pumpkins beneath a lighted dome

A lighted message
House number
a warm welcome


from Martha Stewart - drilled....


STACKED!
Stacked in an urn with fall leaves and berries
they make an impressive decoration

MONOGRAM



GILDED
Silver
Shades of Gold



CARVED!
from elaborate designs


to the simple jack o lantern,
carving makes the humble pumpkin

Disney Haunted Mansion Display
something rather special
both real and faux pumpkins can be carved


WARM WELCOME
I love this display -
rusty urns, black lanterns,
grapevine and wood pumpkins with real and faux pumpkins
 and scattered autumn leaves
spell welcome in a big way

I love them tucked in unexpected places
or elevated as a beautiful centerpiece
beribboned and bejeweled
or filling a centerpiece
fall's bounty is beautiful....

DECORATED
with hardware - nailheads, hinges and metal keys
more nailheads and metal studs

beads and vintage jewelry adorn this 'bewitched' pumpkin

paper mache'd with newsprint or paperback pages

or topped with a witch's hat

Pumpkins - whether plain or embellished,
carved, painted or lighted
the pumpkin is the icon of fall
Not to mention one of its quintessential flavors!
The season is upon us, and its beautiful!
Fill your home with color!

9 comments:

  1. Super fun post! I am a nut for pumpkins during the fall season, I have all sorts of baskets and candles that I love to decorate with. And I love taking the boys to the patch each year. I was thinking of trying to vinyl a pumpkin this year since our carved ones rot so quickly in humid Houson. I can't remember one cold Halloween here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tam, you might have success with vinyl on a faux pumpkin - the surface is a little less waxy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claudine--Love all the varied display of pumpkins. Fall is my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these wonderful ideas. I absolutely loved them. Fall is my most favorite time of year and I LOVE the colors of fall, as my home is decorated in that theme.

    Take care and again, thank you.
    Diane
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply, Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the fall stuff. Thank you!!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these ideas. Already started working on some. Any ideas for gilded pumpkins? I want to bronze some for my mantle. My picture has bronze accents. I love all in inspiration you have on your blog. Thanks so much!n

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there i am sooo pleased to have came across
    this blog so original and fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this post, thanks for the ideas!

    http://www.reviewsbymelindajoy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...