4/16/13

COLORS GO COASTAL


BLUE UNDERTONES WITHOUT BEING OVERTLY BLUE....


Undertones are tricky beasts.  For example, grays are nothing but undertones - except for the pure concrete colors - it is what makes them beautiful and versatile.  Sometimes the undertone shows up more strongly than we like.  A blue undertone, for example, may be too blue on the walls.  Or is it?  Wall color, especially in an empty room, will look much stronger before furniture and furnishings are added.  Sometime it just pays to wait a little.  The wall color will fade to the background as you add your furniture and decor.


Hello! I am going crazy finding a paint color for my dining room!! My furntire is light (fruitwood) and my chairs are slipcovered sand color with two wicker end chairs in a kubu rattan. I live near the beach and have a "coastal" decor. I have recently painted other rooms BM white sand, and BM berber white.
Fruitwood

I have muted colors - blues, greens, gray in accessories and fabrics. My dining room has white shutters and raised panels. I was looking at a blue/grey for the dining room, but most are appearing too blue. Any suggestions? I can send a photo. Thank you!!!!
Benjamin Moore GRAY OWL
the slightest undertown of blue - but never reads as 'blue'.
Benjamin Moore HARBOR GRAY
more gray than blue
Benjamin Moore ABALONE
COOL gray that goes beautifully with blues and greens
  
Benjamin Moore HORIZON
soft like the morning mist or the blur on the horizon on a gray day
Remember to test the colors with a sample first.  All of these colors should look lovely with the fruitwood furniture.










1 comment:

  1. Hi, All of these rooms are gorgeous! What color paint is used on the very first photo? I love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...