5/24/12

FINDING PERFECT COLOR

SOMETIMES THE PERFECT COLOR ISN'T FOUND IN A PAINT STORE

sometimes its the perfect neutral palette found in the downy feathers of a tiny chickadee
via
or the soft green of vintage glass

sometimes beautiful combinations can be found in the most unexpected places 

or in a fleeting moment at twilight


but whatever your color inspiration...
you can find paint to match - I guarantee

I'm still catching up on answering reader's questions, so without further ado....

 FROM JOANNE
Can you please tell me the colors that are used in the first kitchen picture!! (http://yournestdesign.blogspot.com/2010/08/exploring-color-aganthus-green-benjamin.html)
Thanks very much!!
Joannewin


Joanne,

Unfortunately, the photo you mentioned (above) didn't have any information on wall color.  Below are a few Benjamin Moore paint samples that are in this color family. 

I would try Mellowed Ivory or Timothy Straw in this palette


Bronzed Beige or Hampton Green in this palette


Sherwin Williams 'Whole Wheat' could be a close match


Sherwin Williams Convivial Yellow or Lucent Yellow

Best way to see if its the color for you is to paint swatches from tester pots in the actual room.  It's always so hard to match color on a computer - everyone's computer is different - and photos aren't much better, but a couple of coats of paint on  a poster board makes it possible to move it around the room in different light at different times of day - that way you can see if its the right color for you.  Good luck! 


FROM CARMEN
My husband and I saw a picture from your blog on Pinterest of a gorgeous white fireplace in a yellow room, with three pictures of yellow flowers over it.
We decided to do a "poor man's" version of this fireplace in our house. Instead of a granite slab, we used ceramic tiles on the hearth. The fronts of the columns open up for storage (my husband's idea). It turned out very well and covered up a lot of ugly brick. The attached pictures show a before and two afters. Thank you so much for the inspiration!  Carmen
Carmen,
Your husband is truly talented.  So happy you were inspired and that you allowed me to show your new fabulous fireplace!


Beautiful~

FROM ANONYMOUS
Can u please tell me what colour of drawing room sofa set will match with curry ivory tiles?
Anonymous


Dear Anonymous,
So, I did a little google search and came up with this photo of 'curry ivory' tile.  I hope this is the color you were referring to as it isn't a term I'm familiar with here in the States.  If it is close to this color, you are in luck - this is a nice neutral with a warm undertone.  Charcoal Gray, Black, Chocolate Brown and Ivory all look lovely with this color.  It's possible that an Olive Green may go nicely as well, but I'd have to see them together.   You can't go wrong with the neutrals, though.  Add color, if you want it, through accessories and fabrics.   And.... Good Luck!


4 comments:

  1. I just found this blog, it is beautiful with great suggestions. I live in apt and I'm painting the kitchen cabinets, putting a vinyl tile backsplash, not to white walls and silver hardware. The cabinets are a light gray, what colors should I use for backsplash and decor. Also, the hardware I put on is silver but it does'nt seem look very good. Should I put maybe black ones? I have no idea how to decorate! I got the idea for gray cabinets from your blog! I was putting some type of yellow/beige, you said in one of your blogs that it makes small room seem smaller, something like that. I looked at it and it sure did so thank you:) One more thing, there are no windows and its very small. Has cabinets on both sides of kitchen which is 7' length and 7.5' width. Any suggestions you have would be deeply appreciated. I'm so glad I found your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, just posted an answer to your question at http://yournestdesign.blogspot.com/2012/07/unforgetable-gray.html
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a beautiful 80 yr. old house. it is full of charm and I am thinking about painting the walls a peachy gold color to contrast the many French doors and hardwoods. any suggestions to color??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to help. Can you email me a photo of the space and also take a photo of sinething in that peachy gold tone your refer to to help me out? Thanks!

      Delete

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...