3/30/17

MORE PLAYING WITH MIRRORS!!

I recorded the new HGTV design show that is to replace Fixer Upper now that the Gaines have had enough TV fame to launch them into their lucrative lines of furniture, paint, gift shops and etc. (I'm completely in love with the little 'giraffe' house they just featured! - the inside is adorable.)

HGTV
Home Town is promising - her style is very different though - not a Fixer Upper replacement...

HGTV





























Did you see the new show?  What are your thoughts?


I'm still playing with mirrors at my house.  Two new ones for the master bath remodel, and a very old one I'm up-cycling for my office.

I also found an old round floral painted mirror and a country style pine mirror in the garage - not in love with the floral mirror, which explains why it was in the garage, but thinking I might try covering it with shells and creating a little coastal love.

The country style mirror needs a little repair and TLC, and a coat of paint.  I'm getting a lot more of my 'projects' done since I started a  'Hen Party' project night with my girlfriends.  Once a month we all bring whatever we item are working on and eat and talk and work on projects. If we don't have a current one, there's always something that we can pitch in and help.

Last post I talked about the mirrored tiles that are back big time from the 70's - but in exciting new ways... and I may just have to find a place to use them - but mirrors have always been put to good use in the design business.

They add light, drama, depth and dimension:

source
source






source































They can be a focal point, a statement piece, or art.
Pinterest

source


source
Pinterest
source

source

They create an illusion of space, mimic windows where there are none and add beauty.

source

source

Pinterest


Pinterest
source

Mirrors, whether large or small, are important - so I am always interested in new ways to use them.
source

source


source
Finally, make sure your mirror reflects good things.  Avoid duplicating clutter, unsightly or unpleasant areas of your home.  I mean, we all got them - but lets not draw attention to them, right?

Best wishes..


link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...