12/8/15

DECKING THE HALLS

So, Christmas came on the heels of Halloween this year,
at least in the stores.
Its a little earlier than usual, but in my line of work I don't really  mind...
I have to get my ducks in a row early and gather all the ideas I can
as I start decorating my own house and the houses of others
right around Thanksgiving.  Often before.

I did get down to Weidner's Gardens and fell in love with these amazing golden poinsettias...


I think they look amazing
and Weidner's plants are healthy, happy and much more full
than your ordinary poinsettias...



Running around this year, I picked up on a couple of Christmas decorating trends...
you've probably noticed a lot of RED
this year its
BIG...
so is plaid.

You may have noticed the huge Scandinavian influence this year?
since my heritage is Norway and Denmark, I'm delighted to see the red and white,
fur, wood and woolens, fair isle style motifs, deer and antlers -
and cute little gnomes with their fuzzy beards and tall stocking caps.
(A few of those came home with me this year....)

Nordstrom holiday decor followed the trend

I think this wreath with candles is Swedish?



As usual, I have been busy busy...
one more house and one more tree to decorate -
and then I can start on my own...

here's what I have been doing for clients...






























and a few I neglected to photograph....

I hope your decorating is merry!










WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...