9/10/15

PLANNING AHEAD/HALLOWEEN IS HERE/UPDATE ON PROJECTS

A BIT OF A LONG POST...CATCHING UP

Mr. Bones is just around the corner...
Halloween madness has begun!

I haven't been very regular in my posting of late - 
I was not being lazy and having a Summer off - (I wish)
there has been TOO much to do here!

First, my own kitchen remodel
 (which became my entire ground floor remodel and redecorating project.)  
I promised photos - coming soon!
Just a few more finishing touches before the big reveal....


BARKING MAD SHOP
I've been working on projects so that I can launch a little print shop all my own...
 and its nearly ready!
(I should probably explain the name here...
I lived in the UK as a child, and when someone was completely over the top crazy...
they were 'barking mad'...
when I decided I really couldn't keep all of these beautiful images to myself
and thought I should start a little business on the side to share them...
well, I figured I must be mad to take on another project...
barking mad!
perfect name for the shop...right?)
The upside is that I will be able to provide affordable, beautiful art for your home.  
I will be offering vintage botanicals and natural history illustrations,
from the 1700-1800's
and a few more items TBD...
These are from back in the day before affordable photography
so scientific books were illustrated -
some by very talented artists


 

I'm seriously over the moon about this art ! 
Keep your eyes peeled - its coming !!!


I am excited to be adding a new series on the blog - a beach cottage renovation!
My friend and client is making a new start in life with a new little house and a skinny little budget...
We will be trying to use as much recycled/salvaged items as possible and are
trying some unconventional ideas and materials.
   This is DIY at its best -  
and its going to be soooo fun!  
Can't wait to introduce you to her.
Shes talented and fun and will be photographing the progress and living through the mess....
she has no idea what shes in for!

If you don't already follow the blog, 
sign up so you don't miss a moment!

Rogers Gardens opened its Halloween shop on  Labor Day weekend.
They always create 'retail theatre' for Halloween - its a sight to behold!
The theme this year is 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'... 
(a nod to the late Ray Bradbury with a creepy carnival theme)

I went to the preview  - and all I can say is....
"Is it too early to start decorating???"

Vergie Lightfoot's haunted pumpkins...

a bewitched wardrobe...
clattering teeth under glass...

bits and pieces of the dear departed...


the fortune teller's table...
plenty of boneheads
weird bubbling mixtures...
and..a lot more.

Be sure to pay a visit if you happen to live in So Calif.
(bring your credit card!)

I'm am planning some Halloween entertaining at my house this year... 
it seemed a great way to end the renovation project...

(so I guess its NOT too early to start decorating!)  
I will post it all and share all the fun ideas!
You won't want to miss any of it...

Speaking of the blog, and the spirit of DIY...
Remember, you can ask 1 question for free
(I try to answer them all, either in a blog post or an email...but some fall through the cracks now and then...
if you don't get an answer please contact me again).

DON'T ask me what color you should use in your home if you don't provide photos.
I would just be guessing...
DON'T put time limits on me  (hurry, the painters need the color tomorrow....!)
this is a free service and its first come, first served...
DO give me photos and as much information as you possibly can.
DON'T abuse the 1 Question rule.  I hate to disappoint people -
and if you need more help, you can always become one of my treasured long distance design clients
(I love helping those who need a little help to do it themselves!)

I hope you had a wonderful Summer.
Summer has been busy for me! - 

I helped with this wedding...




and this one...





Decorated for clients here in California...



started another kitchen remodel

created this for a client,

started a couple of fun projects...


 completed this project
made this for myself (pardon the glare)


 finished another kitchen, updated a living room, worked with clients in Fresno
and Houston, and St. George,
visited San Francisco and my adorable son



planned a couple of  future events
and worked on launching my print shop...

whew!

I need a vacation.

Hope your Summer was more relaxing.

Best,
Claudine

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...