7/11/14

MANTLE REDO

Couldn't resist posting this photo of the flower girls and the little 'ring bearer'
Adorable! Right?

There's nothing wrong with this mantle, really.
Maybe just a little 'ordinary'...

But I was staying at my longtime friend's house
and she had all this great stuff left from the wedding
and this great mirror kinda lonely on the adjacent wall...
 and I did have a little time on my hands until I was due to fly home...
So, we decided to give her mantle a little face lift...
just for the fun of it...

Here's the result...
 First we exchanged the picture for the mirror, added the lanterns from the wedding and grabbed up all the mercury glass candlesticks we could find...

we put mercury glass and candles inside the lanterns, and one candlestick outside... and brought in the vintage silver teapots and pitchers

most of them still had flowers in from the wedding, but they will look great without as well, and you can always add a little green or a few flowers to perk up the mantle..
we added some silver  frames and elevated the small creamer with a few books

and then added a bit of nature to take everything down a notch
birds nest and birdcage with a green boxwood ball

its balanced but not perfectly symmetrical
the cushions on the hearth soften that element a little and make it more inviting

because I can't stop once I get started...
we brought in the antique gate leg table from the garage 
(it was used for the cake table for the wedding)
and set it up on the other side of the sofa
(tossed the fake bamboo plant that was there)
brought in an extra lamp, some framed photos,
candlesticks, a touch of silver with the sugar bowl,
and a little nature with the birdcage and boxwood orb...

so fun to redecorate
one little space can update the whole room.

We also found a most adorable antique shop in Lewisville I just had to share.
The proprietors were super friendly and the prices were kinda wonderful - coming from Orange County, Calif.
Only wish I had brought a larger suitcase..
or a truck...






Definitely check them out and like them on Facebook!
I did bring back a little souvenir from their shop...


Mr. B was very happy to have me back home.
He was ready to fly out and bring me back, but I got out of the hospital too fast...
Bailey hasn't left my side...
Welcome home mom!


WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...