6/2/14

SUMMERTIME - (AND A KITCHEN QUESTION)

SUMMERTIME...

Oh, how I love it...
via

You may argue we don't really get a Winter out here in Southern California,

via

but Summertime isn't always about the temperature.
via
Summertime is a feeling.
Sarah Graves
Its a state of mind.

via
Its a slow down a little and enjoy the great outdoors sort of attitude.

via

via

With U.S. Independence Day just around the corner, its time to get a little patriotic.
via

Bring on the RED, WHITE AND BLUE.
via
( For decor, food and all my favorite things Patriotic -
go to my Pinterest board "Summertime Celebration"... )

via
Why does eating out of a mason jar always look so appealing?


via
Really like the cute buckle napkin ring... gotta try that one of these days
via
right now this is more my speed - and super cute too

via
Always wanted a front porch to do this....

via
Can you picture these with the candlelight showing through the flag decal at night?  
I think this has a tutorial, too.
Via
or you can simplify your life and tie it on with twine...
still cute, eh?


Etsy
Love.

via
Sometimes the red, white and blue food is a little too much for me
but these actually look really good

via
via


via
(more mason jar amazing-ness)

via
I'd definitely go with mason jars here...
root beer floats - you have to be able to get to the ice cream!

via
I think I need to make this to go with my pillows

via
thought these were really cute!
and easy if you have a scrapbook shop with a die cutter nearby 
and a few pearl headed pins

via
cute use for those small flags you see everywhere - 
create a banner with some burlap squares
 (there's probably a tutorial explaining it much better...)

via
ironstone and old glory
a perfect combination

via
kids or no kids, this is pretty darn cute
perfect for my patio

via
hmmmmm
watermelon sorbet

Etsy
Etsy craftiness

via
paint!!

Hope you enjoyed that prequel to July 4th!
More to come...

QUESTION FROM A READER:

Hi there! I love your tips on CBID. I would LOVE to get your opinion on my painting project. I am trying to choose a color to paint my kitchen cabinets. My walls are BM white dove, my floors are dark ebony wood with a matte sheen, my appliances are stainless and my counters are granite tile in mostly medium grey, with white, dark brown speckles, with mauve undertone (which is not my favorite).

My color scheme is mostly black and white, neutral with a bit of silver sage and some pops of magenta. I am considering white dove but am loving greys too! Maybe iron mountain?

Thanks so much for any advice you have!

Lisa,
Most people who like a black and white scheme are drawn to the contrasts.  Looking at your kitchen, I would think that Iron Mountain would add to all of the darker surfaces you have - such as the dark floor, the gray counter tops and back splash, etc. and leave it all feeling a bit cave like.  There doesn't appear to be enough wall space to really add a contrast.   My suggestion would be to go lighter on the cabinets - a soft dove gray or  white and follow up with your pops of color in accessories and fabrics.  
via
white cabinets with dark granite, floors and backsplash
via
white cabinets with dark counters and backsplash

via
You could even go with white cabinets on top and dark on the bottom if you like that look.  Here are some examples - obviously not all in Iron Mountain, but with similar contrasts.
via

via
via
 Once you decide the look you want in your kitchen - cave like or cheery - you can decide on paint color.  I like Iron Mountain in most applications, and White Dove is one of my favorite whites.   Good luck!






WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...