11/7/13

OPPORTUNITY FOR CHANGE

via Elle Decor

I find myself in your shoes this holiday season.
Trying to decide on wall color
flooring
and possibly kitchen cabinets...
and whether I want to make some big changes now that everything is being torn up
or just those that are necessary.

On a good note, I found flooring that I love.


Meet hand distressed maple plank in 6 inch wide boards

or big chunky 8 inch boards

You know I'm going for the 8 inch plank - right?


 *******************************************************************************
 READER'S QUESTION

Hi! I just discovered your blog and it's great! My husband and I just bought our first home and had to fix up the electrical throughout. This has created a lot of wholes in the walls and given us the opportunity to repaint after the holes are patched. The kitchen is currently quite beige, not that is a bad thing. It has beige tile on the floor, brownish tile backsplash and blonde maple cabinets. The countertops are beige laminate and the appliances are white (we'll hopefully upgrade eventually to stainless steel). There is a built-in breakfast nook with white bench seating and the table is light-medium wood colour (excuse the spelling, I'm Canadian!). The benches came with black cushions which are fine and not even very noticeable. The kitchen is small and the ceilings are about 9 ft. high. Right now the walls are beige and I'm wondering what colour you would recommend? We like soothing greys/blues/beige. We're most likely painting the open concept living/dining area BM Revere Pewter 

Thanks for reading!  It sounds like your kitchen does not have a lot of contrast right now - so I think that you might enjoy a medium tone of paint in your kitchen and with the blonde maple cabinets, I would recommend in the gray to blue-gray (grey?) area, which will look nice next to the wood tones.

Here are a few to try.  (I think Benjamin Moore is available in Canada).

Benjamin Moore:

Apartment Therapy
Benjamin Moore SHAKER GRAY

Decorpad
Benjamin Moore STERLING SILVER
Benjamin Moore WINTER SOLSTICE
Benjamin Moore DRIFTWOOD



WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...