4/2/13

TWINS!!!



I'm not overly fond of blue, green or pink for a nursery.  Too typical, I guess.   I do believe wall color should be soothing and calm - so I'm fond of neutrals on nursery walls.  Wall color grayed down a little, or a lot.  Lots of fresh white.  The word is soothing, or soft, or calm.... like the photos I've posted.

Hi Claudine,
I follow your blog and love your ideas.  My husband and I just found out we're having twins and so I'm working on the nursery.  I bought the Restoration Hardware Jourdan cribs in vintage buttercream and the
linen bumpers (see attached picture). 
Restoration Hardware


I love everything about this nursery!  What color would you suggest painting the walls?  I want to keep it soft, classic and peaceful.  It's a BRIGHT room with lots of windows.  Thanks!!!  Rachel

Hi Rachel,
The walls in your photo look like a soft light gray/beige.  Restoration Hardware has one called Ash.  Sherwin Williams REPOSE GRAY below is another.
REPOSE GRAY Sherwin Williams
 The photo could be off in color, a little.  The nursery you love is basically a play on white and light neutrals.  Check the colors against the crib color to make sure you are in the right tones. 
Proper Hunt

The buttercream of the crib may be a little more beige - Dunn Edwards CRISP MUSLIN is a beautiful light beige with just a touch of gray undertone - less gray than RH ASH, and a little warmer.


I love the wall treatment here!  Picture it in a soft beigey neutral and white.
Brooke Giannetti
Brooke Giannetti used a similar neutral light beige and white theme for this adorable room.




Pottery Barn Kids

House of Turquoise
The trick is to keep all the colors soft and muted.  
Sara Richardson
The feeling is calm and sweet.  Perfect for a nursery!


Wayman Family Nest
Benjamin Moore's BABY FAWN below is a super soft beige.  Try Benjamin Moore HUSH and MANCHESTER TAN also for more of a beigey tone.
Benjamin Moore HUSH
         



Paint some samples of 2 - 3 of the colors suggested onto foam core board or poster board (2 coats, just like the walls will be) leaving a 2-3 inch border of white around the edges and test it in the room before you commit to one color.  You must be so excited to be having twins!  Congratulations on your double blessings!  Best wishes,
Claudine



WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...