3/8/13

CHANGING IT UP

I hope everyone has bright and shining plans for Spring. 

If you are like me, you have some plans for freshening up your home decor this season, and possibly some larger projects in mind.

And also, if you are like me, you are looking to REFRESH for less $$$.
Paint is the answer to making the biggest change for the least amount of moolah ($$).   
A change of color may be just the ticket for that tired decor.
What colors are you leaning toward for Spring?



Hello Claudine! I am so thankful I found this blog and you on Pinterest! I am one HUGE question. I live in a log home...with a warm tone...I was hoping to make the wood feel even warmer.
I am thinking along the lines of a gray..do you have any suggestions? Or do you think another color would suit the room better. Currently we have emerald green carpet..but that will change in time;) Thanks!Liz

Hi Liz:

The perfect way to make a warm tone stand out is to use a cooler tone against it.  Especially a cool tone with an undertone that complements the warm wood tone.  A warm tone would make everything warmer, but at the cost of making the wood blend in more than stand out.
Sherwin Williams - Balanced Beige
A gray tone or undertone would be perfect.  Here are a few of my favorites.  I always recommend getting tester pots and painting a couple of coats onto foam core or poster board to tack up on your walls and see the color in different light.  Its never going to look exactly like the tiny paint chip in the paint store!
Sherwin Williams - Gateway Gray

Sherwin Williams - Comfort Gray
 This last photo shows how the woods look richer against the grayed down wall tones.
Sherwin Williams - Pavestone





Hello.
Looking for some advice as to what color bedspread and curtains to put with my new Sea Haze colored walls in my master bedroom?

I have brought home two sets and both were just way too dark silver. It is Benjamin Moore's Sea Haze. I just can not find a good color to match it up with??? Help!
Sincerely,
Tara

Hi Tara,
Instead of trying to match it, I would go completely neutral and freshen it up with white bedding and pops of color for pillows and accessories. 



Houzz
 A blue green, such as turquoise or aqua, looks especially nice with Sea Haze because of its greenish undertone.  Chocolate is another color that seems to blend beautifully, as does Tan/Beige.


 You could also take the opposite approach:  very dark, so you have more of a contrast than silver, into charcoal, chocolate or navy.   
The Chelsea Gray is a nice contrast, and the Beach Glass has the touch of blue green that goes well.
Hope this helps you choose your bedding and accessories.

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...