11/7/11

CHRISTMAS IS COMING... and its RED!

This season is going to be a little different


so many who have been impacted by the economy
in so many ways

Lets talk about how to use what you have
to create a fresh new look or enhance the old

so think about that for a minute
while I show you photos from our girls day out
a day full of inspiration and ideas at Rogers Gardens


Red was the color of the day - mixed with neutrals of black and gray
Look closely at the wreaths, they are comprised of a smaller berry wreath
inside a larger green wreath -
great way to make a larger statement with that berry wreath hanging around your house.
or inside, for that matter
and a great way to use some older wreaths in a new way...
Plaid was the fabric choice - it covered the walls and was the choice for the ribbon
but not in your traditional red/green
which pleased me no end, because I love the gray plaid
and the red and green played off well on it.
That's another little tip. You don't necessarily have to go with traditional fabrics in traditional colors for your holidays - pillows for a neutral sofa in this type of plaid, or a tree skirt,
would look amazing...
this larger wreath incorporated three large berry covered balls, with apples and shiny red ornaments
I don't know about you, but I'm always trying to find a new way to use
the faux red apples I have hanging around.

the wall of whimsical silhouettes
were especially fun
with red and black wall coverings - they popped against the background
Clever that they broke up some of the silhouettes into two frames
and not necessarily matching ones
and how some are reverse silhouettes - white on black...
 these would be so simple to recreate
I love how the image often escapes the frame

There was a lot more red in the florals - Amaryllis, roses and cyclamen..

in the courtyard they were stunning en mass
Cyclamen for shady spots - a favorite of mine



When my husband saw this photo he fell in love with the faux trophy heads
with the wreath around them

what is it with men and animal heads anyway?

but I will admit they were stunning
and the white porcelain heads were beautiful
and sold out
but we did copy this later when he found the faux deer head at Restoration Hardware
not white - but the darker fit better into our decor
another idea to use in your home
drape garland in an area you may not normally use garland - like a cupboard or armoire
spread the joy around a little
near the nutcrackers, a display of faux amaryllis in urns

and another pretty double wreath idea
in beautiful vibrant red 

I'm still kicking myself for not bringing Mr. Santa home with me
I loved him....
and this tree was amazing
entirely in red and crystal
loved this little bench and the cheerful pillows

black and silver  - proof not everything was red
I loved the urns with the tinsel trees in them

and this area was all gold and glitter
the angel was covered with gorgeous big mica flakes
lovely


but my favorite of the day, by far,
 were the lanterns
   
full of fresh greens and red florals

red roses, red berries, red balls

beautiful
I'm definitely doing this at my house this year
  

so, back to the classes
there will be a small class charge for my time
and I will collect and assemble all the materials -
(cheaper for you that way
as you don't have to buy a whole bag of jingle bells to make one santa hat)

so if you are interested in a fun little class
with maybe 3-4 inexpensive crafts to choose from
with all materials provided
with fun company
plus refreshments and lots of easy ideas for the holidays
please let me know (by comment or email)
and for you who are in blogland and too far away to attend physically,
we can provide a supply kit and tutorial (instructions)...
If there is enough interest, I will post the information and you can sign up if you like
very soon!

Best wishes!

If I have failed to give credit to any photograph posted in my blog, its because it came to me without that information - so please let me know if its yours so that I can give credit where its due!  Thank you!

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...