6/9/11

FAVORITES OF THE WEEK - SHADES OF GRAY

I WANTED TO SHARE SOME IMAGES THAT GRABBED MY ATTENTION THIS WEEK

 which it is, by the way

and a lovely chunky chipped shelf  and
equally lovely arrangement of photos, candles and soft green glass
and its cousin - with hardware for hanging fluffy white towels
   
vintage buffet-turned-vanity
a look I love
I'm on the lookout for a nice buffet, long enough for two sinks
to refinish or paint for my master bath

Pottery Barn
Linen headboard and bed - with big chunky nail heads
makes me want to crawl right in
Etsy.com
Lovely little handcrafted pincushions...
gray linen and crochet


a burlap banner with thick satin ribbon
and stenciled letters - simple - elegant


 
Soothing gray and cream dining room
everything in this room is so lovely 

lost my source on this as well - if you recognize it, let me know...
Completely smitten by these fluffy pompoms from book pages or newsprint
the tissue ones are simple to make, would these be as easy? 


and love it is . . . love the black and white flower photography
 and the lovely gray walls
love the blog -

 Abode Love
more loveliness -
my hallway could use a face lift.....



sheer fantasy,
but oh-so-fun suspended boat bed


quintessentially French Gray
ArcoBaleno 
like peeking into a soothing gray world

Soon
I hope it doesn't rain too much



clever little bulletin board
would be simple to make - a frame, some paint, a little chicken wire....

a stone angel to add to my collection
Someday I will figure out what I want to do with them all

I love black and white photography and I love Cary Grant
he may have had nothing to do with interior design
but his style was impeccable
I just had to add this elegant image to my favorites of the week


hmmm,  lovely!
romantic, inviting


Etsy.com  (maisieandalice)
so clever!

 pardon me while I drool
I must make it to this antique show/flea market some day
Marburger Antique show - Round Top, Texas
I would need a large truck, and some driving companions
any takers????

if I ever have a back yard large enough to accommodate a separate studio/office
it will look exactly like this
the clipped boxwood,
the lady's mantle,
 and gravel path,
the ironwork stepping stone,
the door - oh my, the door -
I'm in love....

monochromatic - soothing and soft

limestone cottages - quaint and charming
the Cotswolds, England
I'm coming....

taupe and gray with gilded half columns


this is what fear looks like
mother nature about to unleash her fury
a storm cell - the kind that breeds tornadoes
the kind that recently left so much destruction and devastation in its path
in the southern United States
how can anything so terrifying be so incredibly beautiful?
I'm fascinated with this site and its amazing and terrifying photos
you must visit it...


Vintage photos, faded and worn, are my addiction
I love these images
these windows into the past
this one is of my father
I love the shadowed face -
 the hat,
the white shirt,
the picket fence I remember as a very very small child
he had a style all his own
and I miss him

I hope you enjoyed my favorites - please tell me about yours!

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...