4/8/11

HOME DECOR: Kitchen Envy


KITCHEN LOVE

Blame it on Spring
but I am having serious cabinet envy
 and flooring envy,
 and faucet envy -

basically -
kitchen envy


I have projects planned for my kitchen
for someday

Until then, I'm envious of glass topped stainless steel islands
and gleeming brushed nickel hardware

envious of glass front cabinets
and the stainless steel hood over that adorable range

I'm envious of wood clad ceilings
like beadboard
made elegant with modern efficiency

I'm seriously envious of  lovely thick moldings
and clean, simple subway tile

envious of this beautiful contemporary Jeff Lewis kitchen
(Kitchen of the Year 2010)


I'm envious of industrial style
combined with rustic wood beams

I have painted white cabinet envy



and honed black granite envy

I'm envious of wall niches
pot filler faucets
and repurposed antique tables as islands
I'm really envious of kitchens with breakfast nooks

apron sinks
and unexpected seating

I envy kitchens filled with light
from walls of windows

3 guesses what I'm loving here
(my husband would cringe)

Envy in design is not a vice
it is a tool

I collect pictures of the things I envy
and as I go through them a pattern emerges
that helps me define exactly what I want in a space

For example, I definitely know that I do NOT envy
wood toned cabinets
plain ceilings
white floors
dark kitchens
non-descript lighting
too much color or pattern

which takes me closer to my kitchen project goal

WHAT DO YOU ENVY?

Visit my new blog: http://classicdiybride.blogspot.com/  - please let me know what you think! 


WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...