3/23/15

SPRING FLOWERS - Chasing the blues away

It was time for a break.
I could tell by the way I had to drag myself out of bed on a Saturday
and how I was not looking forward to the dust and the disarray that has become my home...
Yup.  I had the remodeling blues.

I had planned a little outing with the girls..
and all our plans fell through, one by one.


So Mr. B came through for me and whisked me away to Rogers Gardens
and their annual spring floral displays...
I just had to share some Spring beauty with you.

Rogers Gardens in Corona Del Mar, CA is a hardworking, plant filled nursery
that just happens to have this amazing gift shop
and it was filled with fresh floral arrangements for their Spring event... 

it was exactly what I needed to abolish the blues
you just can't feel glum when surrounded by fresh flowers...
I think containers can really make an arrangement..
and RG has the best..
 In the indoor plant area, where their floral department is housed,
there were some pretty amazing hanging containers
filled with moss and orchids

 The flowers were so wonderful,


I almost forgot to look at the rest of the stuff...













 The displays are always beautiful...
I especially loved this glowing orb in the urn...
great idea for a wedding..




Happy Spring!
For some of you, it is long awaited!


 QUESTION FROM A READER:



Hi, I have painted my basement with Muslin OC-12 BM as the main color with accent walls in two rooms of Boothbay Gray HC-165, you can see both colors from the main entrance. 


Boothbay Gray (Benjamin Moore)
Muslin (Benjamin Moore)



I now have to bring the color up the stairs (narrow stairway) which opens in to the entrance way and the main floor.  White Dove OC-17 is the ceiling color.  What color would you suggest I paint the stairway  and entrance way in?
Also can you suggest complementary colors that go with these colors as accents in the rooms?
Another question I have two bedrooms that I have painted with Muslin and an accent wall of Carolina Gull 2138-40 in both rooms, what colors can I use for accents for pillows, wall hangings to add some nice warm colors?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Michele

Michelle, I would refrain from changing your paint color for each new area as it tends to chop up your space and make it feel disjointed and disconnected.  I would simply take the Muslin up the stairs and into the entryway, keeping the ceiling the same color.

As for accents with Carolina Gull, Boothbay Gray and Muslin - Both are quite neutral but Carolina Gull and Boothbay are the stronger of the three colors.  As they are neutrals, there are many colors that will go well as accents.  Metals - you name it, it will go.  Gold, Silver, Black or Bronze - all work well.
Colors:  Light soft grey, mustard, orange, gold, reds, turquoise, aqua, cream, beige, tan, white and all the wonderful wood tones.  That's the beauty of neutrals - they go with just about anything!  You just have to pick your favorite!

Good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...