10/29/14

BOO TO YOU! [AND REPAINTING A KITCHEN]

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I know I'm a couple of days early, but I just had to share the wreath I made today  -
I love him so much!   I put it together with stuff I already had.... click here to see how...

*****************************************************
QUESTION FROM A READER:

Hello and thank you! 
I plan to repaint my kitchen. It's a north-facing room with pickled maple cabnets (pinkish). I'm trying to diminish the look of the 1990's cabinets and modernize the appearance of the kitchen with new stainless steel appliances as well. Budget does not allow painting the cabinets. Granite counters are Dakota Mahogany with rose/peach hues and tile floor is brownish-orange (kind of Tuscan-looking). I'm hoping to create an airy, lighter looking kitchen with a neutral color. I don't have a backsplash, but if I install one, it would probably be travertine subway tile in cream/beige/white.

Thanks for your ideas! Your work is wonderful!


Sounds like you are stuck with some orangey/peachy/rose hues - so naturally I am going to tell you to go with gray.  Gray looks amazing with a lot of colors, in fact nearly all of them, and orangey/peachy/rose is no exception.  It will also achieve the 'modernize the appearance' part of the equation.


You will want to use a nice saturated tone of gray - strong enough to become the dominant color in the room so that your peach and rose tones become less dominant. 
Here are a couple of grays to try from Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore.  Grays are soft, calm, and will cool down all those warm hues you have.  If you have good light in your kitchen you can go with a deeper hue.

Sherwin Williams AGREEABLE GRAY
Benjamin Moore ROCKPORT GRAY

Benjamin Moore SAN ANTONIO GRAY

Sherwin Williams DORIAN GRAY
Sherwin Williams DOVETAIL
Good Luck!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...